• Birth day: April 7, 1950
• Hometown: Newport News, Virginia.
• Elementary School: James Lee
• High School: Huntington High
• Enlisted: Navy, 1970
• Bootcamp: Orlando, Florida
• Stationed: Hospital Corps School, Great Lakes, Illinois.
• Remarks: Hospital Corpsman, Operating Room Technician
• Billet: 8483. NOTE: billet was considered “critical” thus all ORT stationed stateside to treat returning casualties. All Naval comrades were from working at the Naval Hospital and Naval Operating Room.
• Served: Stateside, Great Lakes Naval Hospital, Portsmouth Naval Hospital
• Nicknames or call signs: none
Discharge from Navy on Jan. 25, 1975. Refused to re-enlist because Navy would not let me travel or get stationed any place other than Portsmouth, Virginia (unless I re-enlisted). I joined the Navy to see the world and I was stationed 30 miles from where I was born and spent 18 years of my early life.
• Returned home, married my navy sweetheart and moved to California.
• Did a year of Naval Reserve at Long Beach, Naval Station and then I resigned.
• Saw lots of Vietnam war casualties. Men with life altering wounds. So much so, that I volunteered to be a medic with the Marines so that I could help my colleagues on the battlefield. Because of my billet, my request was denied.